Makes 6 Servings
3 Large Sweet Potatoes or Yams
6 Slices Canned Pineapple
4 Tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Sherry
- Preheat oven to 375 f degrees.
- Boil Potatoes with skin on. For about 20 - 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and allow to cool.
- Peel and cut lengthwise into halves.
- Arrange slices of pineapple in a single layer in a greased shallow baking dish.
- Place potato half (cut side down) on top of each pineapple slice.
- Heat butter, brown sugar, and sherry together until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over potatoes and pineapple.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Bast often with syrup dish.