Makes 10-12 Servings
6 Egg yolks
1/2 cup Sugar
1 quart milk
3/4 cup ameretto di Saronno
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups if heavy cream
6 egg whites, stiffy beaten
- In a saucepan - Combine egg yolks, sugar, and milk.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in Ameretto di saronno.
- Stir over low heat until mixture thickens slightly and coats a metal spoon.
- Cover and Chill.
- Stir in vanilla and 1 cup of the cream.
- Pour mixture into a 2 1/2 quart punch bowl.
- Beat remaining cream until stiff.
- Fold cream and egg whites into mixture.
- Serve at once.
- Garnished with dollops of additional whipped cream and freshly grated nutmeg.