Makes 10 -12 servings
2 pounds of fresh or frozen large Shrimp.
1/4 cup Salad oil.
3 tbsp. White wine vinegar.
2 tbsp Lime Juice.
1 fresh scotch bonnet chile pepper or fresh jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped.
1 tbsp Honey.
2 tsp homemade Jamaican jerk seasoning or bought jamaican seasoning.
1 medium Mango, peeled, pitted, sliced and halved crosswise.
1 small red Onion, quartered and thinly sliced.
- In large saucepan cook shrimp, uncovered, in lightly salted boiling water for 1 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain immediately and cool.
- Peel shrimp leaving tails.
- Place shrimp in heavy plastic bag.
- For marinade in a screw top jar combine salad oil, whit wine vinegar, lime juice, scotch bonnet or jalapeno chili pepper, honey and the homemade jerk seasoning.
- Cover and shake well and mix.
- Pour over shrimp in plastic bag.
- Seal bag.
- marinate in the refrigerator about 1 hour.
- turn bag occasionally.
- To serve drain shrimp, reserving marinade.
- In large bowl layer shrimp, mango, lime slices, and onion, repeating until all is used.
- Drizzle with reserved marinade
Homemade Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
In a bowl combine 2 teaspoons onion powder, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon ground thyme, 1/2 teaspoon ground all spice, 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper